top of page

Insurance in South Carolina

Commercial insurance information for businesses operating in South Carolina.

south carolina.jpg

Workers' Compensation

What is Worker's Compensation Insurance?

Worker's Compensation Insurance covers the costs that a business can incur if one of the employees of the business gets hurt or sick performing duties on the job. Work Comp can cover medical benefits, legal fees, and lost wages. For business owners, connect with a Novum agent by contacting us, and for insurance agents, you can become a Novum agent here. Below are some things you should know about Workers Comp in South Carolina.

Is Workers' Compensation required in South Carolina?

Yes. Worker's Compensation is required in South Carolina:

•  for any business that has four or more employees working in the state of South Carolina, even if they are part-time employees

•  if someone is contracted for a job and is required to show proof of coverage

More information about Workers' Comp in South Carolina

•  Workers Compensation in South Carolina is regulated by the South Carolina Workers' Compensation Commission

•  To access rating information, visit the National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI)

•  Novum has markets for all sizes and types of businesses, and agents can get instant quotes through NovumOnline, and business owners can connect with a Novum agent by contacting us.

Commercial Property, General Liability, and Business Owner's Policy

What is a Business Owners Policy?

A Business Owners Policy (BOP) is an insurance policy that combines General Liability Insurance and Commercial Property Insurance. General Liability offers protection from claims of bodily injury, medical costs, and property damage to customers, clients, or any non-employees. Commercial Property Insurance covers a business's building, inventory, equipment, and other assets. Combining these into a BOP makes for an easier way of getting a business the coverage it needs. Novum offers Property and General Liability coverage, as well as Business Owners Policies through our partner carriers. Though these coverages are not required for all types of businesses in South Carolina, it is still important to have so that one claim is not catastrophic to the business.

Additional Coverages

Professional Liability

Professional Liability Insurance, also called Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O), covers a business in the event of a claim of error or negligence. This type of coverage is common for businesses that provide professional services, such as lawyers, accountants, agents, etc. Learn more about Professional Liability Insurance with Novum.

Cyber Liability

Cyber Liability Insurance protects a business from the very present threat of data breaches and cyber attacks. Cyber coverage is similar to Professional Liability or Errors and Omissions Insurance, but is a good idea for any business that uses technology or has customer information. Learn more about Cyber Liability Insurance (or CLIC) with Novum.

Commercial Auto

If a business owns any vehicles, then a Commercial Auto policy is required in South Carolina. Learn more about Commercial Auto Insurance coverage with Novum.

bottom of page